Biocan LR inj. ad us. Vet. (Dog Vaccines)
Vaccine against leptospirosis and rabies in dogs inactivated.
Composition – 1 ml:
- Virus rabiei inactivated min. 2 IU
- Leptospira icterohaemorrhagiae inact. min. 1x 107.0
- Leptospira canicola inact. min. 1 x 107.0
- Leptospira grippotyphosa inact. min. 1 x 107.0
- Algeldrati suspensio
- Nutrimentum ad cultivationem
ATC classification: Q15AA Vet. vaccines
Pharmacotherapeutical group: 97 Veterinary immunopreparation.
Pharmacological Form: Solution for injection
Indication: For the active immunization of dogs against rabies and leptospira serovars contained in the vaccine.
The vaccine Biocan LR can be used separately or simultaneously with other vaccines Biocan:
- A) Vaccine Biocan LR can be used as a diluent for other lyophilised vaccines Biocan (e.g. Biocan DHPPi, DHP, DP, P).
- B) Vaccine Biocan LR can be used in combination as well with fluid vaccines Biocan
- C) Biocan B, Biocan M (or even with lyophilised vaccine Biocan DHPPi).
Method of administration: 1 ml subcutaneously, irrespective of animal´s age, weight and breed.
- Primary vaccination performed at the age of 8 weeks.
- If necessary, puppies aged 8 weeks and above can be vaccinated with the vaccine Biocan L or Biocan LR (in case of rabies occurrence in environment). Revaccination should be then performed with the vaccine Biocan LR at the age of 12 weeks and then repeatedly once a year in order to keep permanent immunity.
- Primary vaccination performed at the age of 12 weeks and above.
- Animals should be vaccinated with the vaccine Biocan LR followed by the revaccination with the vaccine Biocan L performed at the interval of 14 – 28 days.
- Revaccination should be then performed with the vaccine Biocan LR once a year to keep permanent immunity against leptospirosis and rabies.
Undesirable effects frequency and seriousness:
- Local reaction (like a pea in size) can be formed in the vaccine application spot that will disappear on its own accord within 3 weeks.
- Hypersensitivity can occur only rarely.
Package: 10 x 1 dose